Today’s free book is Henry H Howorth’s classic study of the career of Augustine of Canterbury.
This public domain title was digitised from the copy held in Spurgeon’s College library.
Henry Hoyle Howorth [1842-1923], Saint Augustine of Canterbury with Illustrations, Maps, Tables and Appendices. The Birth of the English Church. London: John Murray, 1913. Hbk. pp.451. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
- The Emperors, Popes and the Kings of the Franks and Visigoths, from 5495- to 664
- Genealogy of the Descendents of Chlothaire II
- The English Archbishops ad Bishops, and the Abbots of St. Augustines, from 597 to 664
- The Episcopal Succession from Augustine to Damian
- Genealogy of the Kings of Kent and Essex
- Genealogy of the Kings of East Anglia
- Genealogy of the Kings of Deira
- Genealogy of the Kings of Bernicia
- Chapters 1 – 6
- Appendix I: The Bubonic Plague in the Sixth and Seventh Centuries
- Appendix II: Pope Honorius and the Monothelites
- Appendix III: The Popes and Their Nuncios at Constantinople
Main image: Great Gate of St. Augustine’s Abbey. Source: Wikipedia