This book contains a collection of lectures about notable Christian leaders through history, including Saint Columba, Anselm of Canterbury, Bernard of Clairvaux and John Wiclif. In most cases the lecturers chosen had written full-length books on their chosen subject.
My thanks to Bood Aid for making a copy of this public domain title available for digitisation.
The Evangelical Succession. A Course of Lectures Delivered in St. George’s Free Church Edinburgh, 1881-1882. Edinbugh: MacNiven & Wallace, 1882. Hbk. pp.286. [Click here to visit the download page for this book]
- Prefatory Note
- Paul the Apostle – Robert Rainy [1826-1906]
- Augustine, Bishop of Hippo – Marcus Dods [1834-1909]
- Columba, Founder of Iona – James Calder MacPhail [1821-1908]
- Anselm of Canterbury – Thomas Smith [1817-1906]
- Bernard of Clairvaux – Thomas Martin Lindsay [1843-1914]
- John Wiclif – David Brown [1820-1899]
- Martin Luther – Stewart Dingwall Fordyce Salmond [1838-1905]